Today, class meets in Capen 212, the TLC.
We will review the basic Soundslides and Audacity software. Both are free!
If you are having trouble with Soundslides after class, read: Soundslides Tutorial
If you are having trouble with Audacity, read: Audacity Tutorial
DUE: drafts are due for your written pieces.
Work: Slideshow with captions due Nov. 10. Bring your finished Soundslides project to me on a thumb drive.
Your slideshow should have:
- at least 10 photos taken by you (you can have other supplementary photos if your narrative needs it, ie childhood photos, photos of neighborhood 20 years ago etc.
- at least one scene setter and one close up
- captions (two sentences — the first describes the scene, the second advances the narrative)
- title and credits
BLOG REVIEW – 10 Weeks – All assignments must be posted by Nov. 10. Below is a list of what I will be looking for:
- “Photojournalism: The Professional’s Approach” Chapter 1
- “Online Journalism” Chapter 10 (Gathering & Editing Media)
- http://lens.blogs.nytimes.com/ Find one entry that interests you and write about it. Why did you find it interesting? What did you learn? How does it apply to the class?
- Charlie Beckett “SuperMedia Saving Journalism so it can Save the World” Chapter 2 (“Is it a Bird? Is it a Plane? No! It’s SuperMedia!” (Posted on UB Learns)
- Sound Stories (posted on UB Learns)